Undoubtedly, technical support is one of the fastest growing industries today. Tech support companies provide assistance and solve queries of users via e-mail or live chat. This industry includes call centers, telemarketing, remote computer repairs, etc.
Tech support companies have its own set of challenges, one of them being finding a reputable merchant account provider. Why? Tech support industry features in the high-risk category; the reason being high number of chargebacks.
However, Merchant account is an absolute necessity, no matter the type of business you operate. Boosting sales, secure online payments, multi-currency option are just some of the few advantages that a merchant account could offer.
Are you a tech support merchant and want to accept credit card transactions?
More often than not, traditional banks and financial institutions turn away tech support merchants due to their high vulnerability to risks and frauds. You may insist your business being completely legitimate yet these institutions will refuse to be hassled with setting up a risky account and losing money. And nobody wants to lose money!
Low monthly processing volume can also be a cause of rejection. Certain merchant account providers may be reluctant to put in the time and effort unless your business has a high-volume processing history.
Now, you may also find a seedy merchant account provider willing to take on your business but they may end up instead taking advantage of you if you are not too careful.
Lost hope yet? I have some good news for you! Turn to a High risk merchant account provider.
Merchant Account for Tech Support
Setting up a merchant account for tech support is a challenging task. Here are a few points to keep in mind while obtaining a merchant account:
– First and foremost, be ready with your paperwork that proves your business is legal and legitimate.
– Years of business operation and experience with your industry make a positive case for you since it gives the merchant account provider confidence that you know how to reduce frauds and can identify and handle potential risks.
– A positive credit rating is also required, meaning no bad or outstanding debts, bankruptcy, delayed payments, etc. A good credit report always helps in establishing your credibility and giving a positive impression to the merchant account provider.
– Most importantly, do not leave details of your past financial difficulties or experience with merchant account providers. Being honest about such details will only help you find a merchant account that will best suit your requirements.
– Lastly, find out about the merchant account providers’ rates, transaction fees and other costs. A must-ask list of questions about their services and features may come in handy here.
Instabill, WorldPay, International Bank Services (IBS), Authorize.net are some of the top-rated high risk merchant account providers that offer comprehensive merchant account services for tech support businesses.
Obtaining a merchant account for tech support may seem difficult but it is certainly not impossible!